Required Online Title IX Training at WVU
For First-Year and Transfer Students
Before beginning classes at West Virginia University, all incoming students are required to complete two short online courses. These courses are:
1. Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates
2. AlchoholEdu for College
Course registration emails were sent out to new WVU students on July 24th, 2019.
You can find additional information about Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates below. For more information about AlchoholEdu for College, click here.
Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates
The Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates course is provided through the WVU Office of Equity Assurance, in the Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. We assist students, staff, and faculty with issues related to Title IX.
Built in collaboration with leading researchers and practitioners, the Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates course combines cutting-edge instructional design and rich media to educate students about healthy relationships, the importance of consent, and the role of bystander intervention. Interactive exercises take students through real-world scenarios and encourage students to challenge sexist language and attitudes, provide guidance for supporting someone who has experienced harm, and promote healthy relationships based on positive communication and respect—empowering students to create safe, healthy campus environments.
Who is Required to Take Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates?
- First year students
- Transfer students
Please note: If you have taken Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates before at another institution, including WVU branch campuses, you are still required to complete the course.
- Login instructions were emailed to the new WVU MIX accounts for new WVU students on July 24th, 2019.
- To complete the course, you will submit your username and a password. Your username is your WVU Login credentials – the same one you use to access your WVU Portal. (If you have not activated your WVU Login, please go to http://login.wvu.edu/)
- Trouble finding the email invitation in your MIX inbox? Look for an email from email@example.com. Still can’t find it? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Taking the Course
This course takes approximately two hours to complete, and we recommend that you take it in multiple sittings. The deadline for finishing the course is August 26, 2019.
- You will need to use a computer with internet access and audio capabilities. Check your local library for free computer and Internet access. Also, businesses in your town may offer free Wi-Fi such as: Barnes & Noble, Panera Bread, Starbucks, and McDonalds.
- WVU will receive automatic notification when you complete your course. You do not need to "turn in" your certificate to anyone unless one of your professors asks for it.
- The course may include questions to help personalize your experience and measure students’ attitudes and behaviors. All responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual student’s answers.
Technical Issues or Questions?
- The first step to solving almost any technical issue is to contact EverFi, the company who created this training. You can read EverFi's Troubleshooting guide by clicking here. You can also contact EverFi's technical support professionals by clicking here. Finally, you can reach EverFi technical support by telephone at 1-866-384-9062.
- To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) released within the previous two years.
- If you have any difficulty using your WVU credentials to access Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates, please contact the WVU Help Desk at 304-293-4444 or ITSHELP@mail.wvu.edu.
- You may also contact WELLWVUAlcoholEdu@mail.wvu.edu for further questions or concerns.
Information for Parents
To learn more information about the course Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates and to access resources for parents, please click here.